Here is the release.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kensington Day of the Book Festival
"Kensington street festival celebrates the International Day of the Book"
Where: 3786 Howard Avenue to 3716 Howard Ave, Kensington Md 20895
When: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 11am-4pm, rain or shine
The 5th annual Kensington Day of the Book Festival will be held on Sunday, April 25, from 11am to 4pm on Howard Avenue in historic Old Town Kensington. This afternoon street festival celebrates the International Day of the Book with over 100 local authors, poets, bookartists, booksellers, small publishers, literary groups, and community organizations set up along Howard Avenue to show and discuss their works. Visitors will enjoy listening to poetry readings, author panels, live music, and more. Featuring authors from the Mystery Writers of America Mid Atlantic Chapter, among many others. Discover the unique charm of Old Town Kensington and the literary talent of our area. All activities are free to all. Rain or shine. Co-sponsored by the Town of Kensington and the Pauli Bellet Foundation Catalan Library.
Activities for children and adults will include:
* Live Music by Mark Wenner's Kensington Blues All-Stars featuring Big Joe Maher, JP McDermott & Western Bop, Doris Justis, and others
* Open Mic Poetry readings
* Children's books author readings
* Author panels including Vietnam War Novelists, and Mystery Writers of America
* Chess exhibit by International Chess Master and chess book author Allan Savage
* Free rare book evaluations by Dale Sorenson, founder of Waverly Book Auctions
* The Twinbrook Tellers tell tales of magic and adventure
* A Literary Scavenger Hunt for children of all ages
* Free books from Bookcrossing
* Book art activities
Parking will be available in the neighborhood and a number of parking lots in the town.
Food will be available at established food venues.
Contact: Elisenda Sola-Sole
Follow the Kensington Day of the Book Festival on facebook: